Autumn Term: Formal Elements
- Basic painting skills (colour mixing/theory)
- Critical analysis – Patrick Caulfield (ICT)
- Formal elements
- Observation from primary and secondary sources.
Spring Term: Surrealism and Dreams
- Introduction to Surrealism
- Observational and imaginative studies
- One-point and Two-point perspective
- Re-cap painting and drawing skills.
Summer Term: Landscape and Impressionism
- Colour mixing and application of paint
- Impressionist /post Impressionist analysis
- Working from primary and secondary sources
- Working outside in the style of Monet
The purpose of the year 7 curriculum is to teach the basic elements of art and colour theory whilst exploring the work of artists to give a contextual reference to the pupil’s work. Work in year 7 is predominantly 2D and builds up a skill base to take them into year 8.